Join us for an Adventure Job of a Lifetime.
Are you looking for Adventure? Are you looking to escape the everyday jobs and live a life less ordinary? Join us at Snowhook Adventure Guides of Alaska, where Alaska begins.
Snowhook Adventure Guides of Alaska is a year-round adventure touring company located in Willow, Alaska the gateway to Alaska’s backcountry. Our adventures cover all seasons from dog sledding and snowmobiling to ATV, Fishing and Helicopter Tours. Sharing Alaska and the best Alaska has to offer is who we are. Our guests may arrive as strangers but leave as friends.
The Adventure Guide at SAGA is a multi-faceted position which includes leading different tours throughout the day and weeks of each season. These tours include but are not limited to dog sled, snowmobile or ATV and UTV tours depending on the time of year. We are looking for individuals who are able to conduct these tours in a safe, engaging and fun manner. Guides are also responsible for the preparation of the tours which includes but is not limited to dog care, machine care and facility and trail maintenance.
Applicants need not have experience in all of the tour types we offer but successful candidates will be expected to learn and become proficient through our training in order to effectively lead SAGA tours.
- Risk management, safety and good decision-making skills
- Communicate effectively with guests and co-workers which includes speaking in front of large groups.
- Care for the dogs, the equipment, and premises.
- Work cooperatively with guests, other guides and vendors to ensure the success of the tours.
- Guide tours in Alaska’s backcountry
- Build guest confidence and abilities throughout the tour
- Transport guests and equipment as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Must have clean driving record and able to pass background check
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs frequently
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- First Aid and CPR Preferred – May be obtained prior to start of season
- Demonstrated sound decision making and communication skills
- Demonstrated backcountry/outdoor experience
- Preferred guiding or leadership experience